Friday, March 28, 2008

30 Days of Night: Red Snow & Meltdown Comics

I'm of the firm belief that if you bother reading reviews of your work you have to take the bad with the good, or ignore all of it. As a consequence because my work seems to have such a love it or hate it appeal, it's really water off a ducks back when someone says I suck arse and I don't generally read reviews where I've just done the art, as so long as I enjoy the art I do, I don't really care what others think. ( I'm super lucky to have that luxury due to enough other people willing to spend monies on my works I know )

I am however, still kind of interested in how my writing goes down, so I'm always well chuffed when others appear to like it, hence my discovery today on Playbackstl of a new review of Red Snow I thought I'd share. ( and obviously, in my bastardly less than subtle way, it's a good excuse to pimp the TPB -which came out recently- rather shamelessly yet again. If you've not been able to find it yet, the IDW online store still has copies!)



"Templesmith depicts the vampires, on the other hand, as a force of nature, appearing out of the blowing snow with little explanation. "What...What are you?" a German soldier asks in one particularly telling-and chilling-scene.

"Fear," one vampire answers, his voice emitting from a round hole in his face circled with sharp teeth.

"Death," another one echoes. "Same thing for you, really."


In other news, I'm off to Meltdown Comics in LA this Saturday the 29th for this little shindig:

*** LIVE ART PARTY @ MELTDOWN SAT NIGHT!!! ***
Dave (King Gum) Crosland and I will be rocking the
live art Saturday night (March 29th) at Meltdown
Comics! Music by DJ Expo. We’re celebrating the
release of Dave’s new book “Everybody’s Dead” and Mark
Sable’s new book “Hazed”!
Free Beer!
7-11pm
@ 7522 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

No comments: