Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DOCTOR WHO is out+ Signed Editions+5 Page Preview

The one-shot Doctor Who story I illustrated should be out in all good comic stores today in the US. Written by the talented duo Leah Moore & John Reppion, it's really a nice little story. I was scared stiff doing this book, what with all the likeness issues & possible changes needed before approval but I guess since I based as much as I could on photos from the show it basically all went off without a hitch!

Hope you guys dig it. It certainly fulfilled my nerd quota by doing it, what with being a massive fan of Dr Who growing up.

If your retailer didn't get a copy or did but you won't be seeing me at any of the conventions I'm doing this year, a place you can go is the IDW Publishing store itself. Because I'm currently around their offices, all editions sold via the store can be signed and personalized. In fact, all comics of mine sold through the store are just assumed to be personalized if the option is clicked. There's no extra charge or anything, just part of the service.

There were 3 covers to the book. 2 regular and a sketch edition. Also, John just pointed out to me you can get a 5 page preview of the book's insides here.( and buy it too if you want, huzzah! )

DOCTOR WHO: THE WHISPERING GALLERY SKETCH EDITIONDOCTOR WHO: THE WHISPERING GALLERY ADOCTOR WHO: THE WHISPERING GALLERY B

1 comment:

IPW said...

Hey BT. I've been a fan of your work sense 30 Days, but I got to say I found a new appreciation after reading The Whispering Gallery. Given that you had real subject matter to portray. You caught the likeness of David Tennant and Freema Agyeman well, but still giving it your gothic style flare. Good Job Man! Sorry to go all fan boy on you.