Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wondercon Part 2: The Isotope Comics Show

So much to do, so little time. I'm about 3 years behind in my emails and yet still they come.

Anyways, during Wondercon, there was the Isotope Comics show, thanks to the fantastic James Sime who had invited Antony Johnston and I over for a ...er...a few drinks, lots of signings and maybe showing some art and stuff.

This was the first thing I actually noticed. Isotope was on this street. Always a good omen.

Coincidence?

Comic dudes in suits. Hopefully we'll start a trend. Yes, we were drinking.

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

Isotope is quite honestly, one of the best stores I've seen. It's got a level of funky rarely matched. For me it joins the ranks of stores, like Secret Headquarters, Meltdown in LA, Album in Paris and a few others. And it's nothing to do with the fact some of my art is up there on the wall.

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

I actually sold a bunch of artwork at the show, including the cover to 30 Days of Night: Red Snow #2 which really made the night. Thanks to Lizzy for her taste in art, what can I say.

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

I also received some art, which I'll try and put into an issue of Wormwood at a later date.

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

And here's the guy what drew it. Cheers Roman.

ISOTOPE with TEMPLESMITH & JOHNSTON

And last but not least. Antony and I. Cheers to James and the Isotope guys and gals for a great night.

0photo568.jpg

Next up, a trip to EA all about Deadspace, my brush with the Colorado prison system and anonymous people emailing me photos of themselves flipping me off.

None of that is made up by the way.

No comments: