Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wondercon!

As promised, here's some of what I got up to at Wondercon, last weekend.

San Francisco airport. I like it. It's certainly no LAX...the worst airport I ever seem to have the pleasure of flying to and from these days.

Wondercon

Wondercon

Then onto the con. Friday. ( Well, it's all a blur so Saturday and Sunday included to. )

The calm, err, coffee, before the storm.

Wondercon

Met up with the main man himself, Antony Johnston, writer on DEADSPACE and WASTELAND ( which I really need to get a cover for done pronto actually )

Antony Johnston: HELLO FUCKERS

And then, at the EA/Image comics booth, before the signings...do you detect a theme yet or what?

This is how Aussies actually say "hello". We use it to say a few other things too. I'm actually spelling the whole Australian alphabet here.

THE SUIT MAKETH THE FINGER or something

My comic art for the DEADSPACE book turned into a comic/game animated preview on screen at Wondercon

Wondercon

Derek, one of the EA Posse, was cool to the extreme. That would be zero Kelvin I think? Whoever this Kelvin guy is, well, Derek is cooler than you.

Derek says: SIT AND TWIST MY FRIEND

The signings commence. Phone vandalism.

I DRAW ON THINGS

Must have ended up signing well over 1000 posters and books at the con.

DEADSPACE and EA Games

And this guy's head.

I DRAW ON YOUR FACE

The line apparently went out the door for the Deadspace signing.

We weren't far from the door though, but I'm still going to brag a little.

DEADSPACE and EA Games

Eyebrow exercise at the IDW Publishing booth.

MY EYEBROW GETS EXERCISE

The whole place felt busy to me. Made a big difference to the last con ( other than San Diego ) I've been to...Chicago years ago was nothing compared to this to me.

Wondercon was rather big.

And here's a shot of the panel I did...just ten minutes early. More people *did* turn up, I swear.

My Panel Spotlight thing.

Next up, it's the great show at Isotope comics.

No comments: