Just learned that I've been nominated for the International Horror Guild Award in the Illustrated Narrative section...not once, but kinda...twice. Freaky stuff! For Wormwood and a short I did in an Anthology ( Put together via Heidi MacDonald yay! )
It's always nice to get nominations ( but of course, I'll never actually win! ) but especially nice this time to get a nod for my writing, on Wormwood, which has never happened before. Someone out there apparently likes me, so many, many thanks.
* Scalped: Indian Country. Jason Aaron (writer) R.M. Gu�ra (artist) (Vertigo/DC Comics)
* The Nightmare Factory. Thomas Ligotti (creator/writer), Joe Harris & Stuart Moore (writers), Ben Templesmith, Michael Gaydos, Colleen Doran & Ted McKeever (illustrators) (Fox Atomic/Harper Paperbacks)
* The Blot. Tom Neely (I Will Destroy You)
* The Arrival. Shaun Tan (Arthur A. Levine Books)
* Wormwood Gentleman Corpse: Birds, Bees, Blood & Beer. Ben Templesmith (IDW)
Now I'm off for 17 hours on a plane.